Chinese handset maker Xiaomi has begun rolling out the MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM to select devices starting with Redmi Note 4 and Mi Max 2. The Chinese company has already shown that the MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM over-the-air (OTA) update will probably be restricted to only several devices and will observe a continuous rollout.
This usually means that Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 and Mi Max two users may either wait for the official OTA update, or can manually download and install the OTA file if they wish to utilize it immediately. For other supported Xiaomi devices, the company has confirmed that the MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM will be available by end of this month. You can check here if your Xiaomi device is supported for the MIUI 9 update.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 and Mi Max 2 users should have started receiving the MIUI 9 via an OTA update over the weekend, and all they have to do is wait it out patiently to get a notification. They could alternatively even check in their Updater program, to determine if the update has arrived or not.
Here’s how to download and install MIUI 9 on your Xiaomi smartphone:
Before starting on with the flashing procedure, Xiaomi consumers should make certain their battery is above 60 percent and ought to take back-up of their programs and multimedia content to be on safe side. Xiaomi smartphone consumers will need to download Recovery or Fastboot package depending on the ROM version. If you’re running the Developer ROM, then download the Retrieval package with . Zip extension or alternatively people running the stable ROM should download the Fastboot package with . tgz extension.
- Google Tez Programs
- Nokia 5 3GB RAM Variant Launched in India: Price, Specifications, Release Date
- Asus ZenFone 3 Max (ZC553KL) Price in India Cut, Currently Available at Rs. 12,999
- Asus ZenFone AR Launched in India Price, Launch Offers, Specifications
- Samsung J7 White
For those who have the Redmi Note 4 and Mi Max 2 can download and install the corresponding ROMs out of Xiaomi’s website. Follow the below highlighted steps about the best way to download and install the MIUI 9 Global Demo ROM.
This list will be updated with fresh MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM links as Xiaomi makes them available.
1) Before fastbooting, users must have the bootloader unlocked. They’re able to do it by switch off their devices and then press and hold down volume and power button simultaneously, it must power up the phone with fastboot screen.
2) Users can connect their phones with USB to PC, click Refresh button in flash tool program and it must show device ID. Extract the fastboot ROM downloaded, to a folder on PC.
5) It will start flashing on the phone and will take approximately 3-5 Minutes depending on the PC and device. Users should note that they cannot eliminate their device while flashing.
How was your experience installing MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM in your smartphone? For more tutorials, head to our How To section.